Search This Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Getting closer....one bead at a time

Long time no blog!
 Well, I am about 90% finished with entering all my beads into JDM (Jewelry Designer Manager). What a relief! Then I can enter the new jewelry I have made, then get back to making new pieces! Whoo hoo! It is so much easier when you can enter one piece at a time instead of having several pieces to enter. I love beads, but I hate counting each one (and no, I do not count the seedbeads!)  Once it is all finished it will go much faster. My goal was to have everything ready to go and have my very first sale for valentines day, but the closer it gets, the more I realize it just is not going to happen. I have so much to do to get all caught up with everything, and it takes so much time. I have a full time job, so I am away from home for 10 - 12 hours a day, and when i get home, some nights, I just want to watch some television and relax. Its funny that when I am at work, I keep thinking of all the stuff I plan on doing for my business when I get home that day, and then when I get home, I end up not doing any of it! I just get so tired. Im almost there though, one day very soon, I will be able to just come home and make jewelry. I got smart with my inventory entering, I now have an extra monitor hooked up to my laptop so I can run two screens at once, so instead of having to minimize windows, and go back and forth, I can keep both windows open, and with a glance I know which beads I have entered and which ones I have not. I got so many done tonight now that I have the two screens going. It takes half the time too! Well, hopefully I can get everything entered in the next week, and then take my next steps from there. Oh yea, and I finally bought a new camera too! I also bought some stuff to build myself another lightbox too! That only takes a few minutes, not much of a project there. I will get some pictures of my "bead room" up soon for all to see my studio space, so I call it. Its great to have a whole room just for me. I share it for the kids to use the other computer in here, but thats as far as they go, they never mess with my stuff. Well til next time, hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment